Roland

Default Working days left in the month compared to previous months

I believe that you'll find the NETWORKDAYS function to be exactly what you
need.

"qwopzxnm" wrote:

Hello all-

I have data recorded on a daily level that I would like to summarize by
month however there is a catch. I would like to compare the previous
months data to the current month by the number of working days left.

For example todays date is 10/22/05 and there are 6 working days left
in the month. I want to look at all previous months for the year and
see what our totals were with 6 working days remaining.

Using the Today() function I can get the beginning date of the current
month, end date of the current month, total working days, working days
completed, and working days remaining, those are all not a problem. My
problem is establishing a date in the previous months that will
corralate the number of work days remaining in that month, to equal to
the number of working days remaining in this month.

The date for that is obviously different for each month, September 23
is the date in September when there were only 6 workdays left, August
24th is the date in August when there were only 6 workdays left. etc
etc.

My data source is simple it is ascending daily dates in column A with
the data in column B.

It's hard to translate my thoughts into a post but I hope I've drawn a
good picture for you. I look forward to your responses.

--
qwopzxnm
qwopzxnm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27557