Peo Sjoblom

Default Convert text numbers to numbers

Put

+0 1* or -- in front of your mid formula, maybe also a trim to get rid of
unwanted spaces

=--(TRIM(your_formula))

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Barb" wrote in message
I should also mention I am using Excel 97

"Barb" wrote:

I just went through a labourous procedure of transfering data from
Notepad
into Excel (PDF documents had previously been converted to Notepad to
extract
text). I used the MID function to extract the specific number I needed
from
all the extranious data from the copy/paste. I now have all this
wonderful
data that I need to tabulate but I realize now it is all text that looks
like
numbers. I cannot perform any math functions and when I try to format
the
cells to convert to numbers it does not work.

Please tell me that there is a way to convert this text to real numbers!