Dave Peterson

Default Allow any Certain chr within a cell

I think the closest thing you can do using built in tools is:
Data|Validation

Use a list (either on the worksheet or typed in directly in that dialog)

But this won't fire until the user hits enter--So they can type whatever they
want for as long as they want. They will get a warning if it's not a valid
entry, though.

You could set an option to move in a certain direction when you hit enter, too:

Tools|Options|edit tab|Move selection after enter

But this is a user setting--not a workbook setting. Each user has to change
this themselves.

Trever B wrote:

Hi

My question is in two parts:-

1. How do I restrict the contents of a cell a single chr namely "A to F"
or 1-9"

2. Since the cell is only allowed to be 1 digit long when I have keyed
and checked it moves on to the next cell automatically

Thanks in advance

Trev

--

Dave Peterson