Dave Peterson

Default Can I get Button name or Cell Reference

This is a button from the Forms toolbar?

Option Explicit
Sub testme()

Dim BTN As Button

Set BTN = ActiveSheet.Buttons(Application.Caller)

MsgBox Application.Caller & vbLf _
& BTN.Name & vbLf _
& BTN.TopLeftCell.Address(0, 0) & vbLf _
& BTN.Caption

End Sub

Application.caller will give you the name of the button.
(BTN.Name is redundant--but sometimes easier to type <bg.)

Trefor wrote:

If I have a sheet with 20 buttons (1 on each row) and each button points to
the same macro, is it possible for the macro to determine the Row number (Or
possibly the Button Name)?

Based on the row, the macro will continue updating data on that Row.
--
Trefor

--

Dave Peterson