Fred Smith

Default Excel time formula

Why not just sum the column? You can sum times just like you can any other
number.

Fred

"Dewey" wrote in message
Thanks, Sam. Hey, could you follow up on an additional point? This is for a
time sheet that has columns for the days of the week and rows for the total
times. You answered my question for one day, but I need to add the
accumulated time for the week and show it in the Total column. So, I get
that 1:00 - 3:00 (A2-A1) will get me the difference in the Total column as
2:00. But, that's for one day. How do I create modify the formula for all 7
days to show up in the Total column?
--
Dewey

"Sam" wrote:

Just do one minus the other. Or if you want absolute differences use
the ABS function.
= ABS(A1-B1)
this avoids the #### for negative times