Dave Peterson

Default vlookup

I don't think that your OR will work the way you want if there is no match.

Anne Troy wrote:

Change TO:
=IF(OR(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(...)),VLOOKUP(...)=0,"",VLO OKUP(...))
If the value in D6 exists, but the value to its right in the vlookup table
is blank, that does NOT produce an error, so ISERROR and ISNA won't handle
it. You have to say if it's zero, you want nothing or Tools--Options--View
and uncheck zero values.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Jim" wrote in message
I am using the following:

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(D6,Pri_Bus_Unit,2,FALSE)),"",( VLOOKUP(D6,Pri_Bus_Unit,2,FALSE)))

It is returning a 0 (zero) instead of a blank cell. The cells are
formatted
as general. Even if I am using "-" a dash it is returning zero.

Any thoughts?

--

Dave Peterson