Peo Sjoblom

Default Formula and Data Entry in a Single Cell

You cannot have a formula in a cell and at the same time type something in
that cell. If you need something like that you need programming

Peo Sjoblom

"Josh VM" <Josh wrote in message
I have a drop down box that allows a user to chose from two options that
govern certain formulas in my spreadsheet. If the first option is chosen,

want the result of a specific cell to be determined through a formula in

that
cell (simple enough), and if the second option is chosen, I want to be

able
to enter data into that same cell without deleting or changing the formula
that is used if the first option is chosen. Is it possible to effectively
"send back" or hide a formula in a cell without deleting or altering it to
allow for data entry in the same cell depending on which option in my drop
down box is selected? If so, please advise on how to accomplish this.

Thank
you.