Duplicateman

Default How to count matching text

Let's say you have a list of hundreds of confirmation numbers, they can be
text, numeric or alpa-numeric, how can I know how many of the entries are
exact duplicates vs how many are different. Example:
HVT88947
HVT88947
HVT88948
HVT88948
9784268
712589
DDKLM
DDKLM
HVT88946
712589
Ok, we have 10 entries above. Four of them are duplicate entries, six of
them are different entries, right? Ok, so lets say you now have thousands of
these entries and you know there are lots of duplicates somewhere in the
list. How can you calculate how many are duplicate entries and how many are
different (or original entries)? And you need to have the calc work so that
as people add more entries the calc always updates the number of duplicates
there are in the growing list?