Dave Peterson

Default large numbers going from XLS to CSV

If the cell was formatted as text, then you typed in that 16 digit number, then
saved to a .csv, did you see all 16 digits when you looked at the file using
notepad?

Reimporting the file into excel will cause the trouble you see.

Jimv wrote:

Yes, thanks I have tried to convert it to text.
Let me reword my question. The problem happens when I save it as a .csv to
be imported into a data base. The .csv is not seeing all 16 digits even if I
change it to text in excel. So the result is the information does not get
imported.
Any thoughts?

Thanks again

Jim

"Fred" wrote:

Have you tried to convert this number to text with TEXT() ?
If your data is in A1, let B1 be TEXT(A1;"###############").

"Jimv" escreveu:

I am trying to save an excell file as a .csv file. I have one cell that
contains a 16 digit number and it wont save as text. It turns into "7777+15".
How can I get it to save correctly.

thanks

Jim

--