Peo Sjoblom

Default Find dates in a range; then sum values in that range by a criteria

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A366=DATE(2005,1,1)),--(A2:A366<=DATE(2005,1,31)),--(B2:B
366="Rent"),C2:C366)

in Swedish

=PRODUKTSUMMA(--(A2:A366=DATUM(2005;1;1));--(A2:A366<=DATUM(2005;1;31));--(
B2:B366="Hyra");C2:C366)

will do it for January 2005

Peo Sjoblom

"Anders" <andersUNDERSCOREsjomanATyahooDOTcom wrote in message

For my private finances, I am trying to group all my monthly expenses. I
have downloaded from my bank all expenses for the last year, and marked

each
entry with the type of expense (rent, electricity, food, fun, etc.) This
leaves me with a table with three columns: Date, Amount and Type

Now, in a separate part, I would like to create a formula that first finds
dates within a range (I give start and end dates), and that then would sum

up
the values for a given criteria (for instance rent). This would allow me

see, e.g. how much I spent on food between such and such a date.

I have been mocking around with IF, SUM, SUMIF statements, but cannot get

it
to work. I have managed the second part (take a criteria, such as rent,

and
sum all values in a given range) using SUMIF, but cannot figure out how I

can
input a start and end value to define the range, instead of hardcoding the
range with cell references.

Anybody got any thoughts?

Many thanks,
Anders Sjöman, Stockholm