Phil

Default Proper way to convert numbers to text

I have recieved a spreadsheet from an individual, and in the column it has
mixed data types. Some of the entries are pure numbers such as 0300559100,
but some are numbers with a alpha character in it such as 0300A59263.

What is the proper way to format the column? It needs to be in text format,
not numeric. The reason, is that when I will inport it into Access, it
cannot handle mixed data types in the same column (field).

I've heard that you shouldn't format a column unless you have to. What
about putting a ' character in front of all of the numbers? If that is the
way to go, what is the quickest way in insert that ' character in each entry?

TIA for your answers.

Phil.