Vacation's Over

Default Set up a formala to refer to a cell in a different sheet

Why not just

=Sheet1!b23

relative refernces adjust to "most" move, insert, delete operations

"Brian" wrote:

I need to set up a formula in one sheet to appertain to a cell in another
sheet(same row, different column) that can be dragged and copied down a
column. I have found that =INDIRECT("'"&$D$19&"'!b"&ROW()) , where D19 is the
name of sheet 2, does what I want as long as I don't insert a new row in
sheet 1. However, whenever I insert a new row in sheet one, all of the
information is thrown off. Can I somehow lock the rest of the column against
the information listed in column A, (for example A23 is account number,
B23-G23 is other info related to that account), but still have a formula that
can be copied without using a VBA macro?? If so, how?
Thanks