Viviank

Default Formula help

Thanks - that really did the trick. I really appreciate your help.

"Viviank" wrote:

I am helping the choir teacher set up a spreadsheet for fundraising and fee
info. Here's my problem. She has imposed a $50 choir fee, which some of the
students have paid (most haven't). She told other students that they could
fundraise the amount if they haven't paid it. I could figure out how to set
that up but my problem is that some of the students made partial payments.
In a nutshell I need a formula that will say...Here's my total fundraising
amount (say $100) from this put $X in my choir fee to equal $50 (some choir
fees might already have the total $50, some might have less than $50, most
have 0), then put the rest in my student account. I had a max/min formula
that would work, except when I got to the kids who had a partial payment in
the field already. I also want to make sure that if the student paid it
already, that payment doesn't get wiped out by my new formula. Any help is
appreciated. I'm a novice at this stuff

Vivian K.