Peo Sjoblom

Default Dates

It may look like dates but it isn't dates in excel sense, you can make any
calculations, as an example
put 101499 in A1, it will display as 10/14/1999, now in A2 put 101699,
displays as 10/16/1999
now if these were dates that one could make calculations with

=A2-A1

formatted as General would return 2 (for 2 days), in your case it returns
200?

so you can use them as display a number that looks like a date but you can't
do anything with it
if you want to cut down on the usage of delimiters you can use Chip
Pearson's macro

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"eternal_cat via OfficeKB.com" <u14645@uwe wrote in message
Hello Group,

I have made this custom date format for dates in excel. 0"/"00"/19"00. It
allows me to enter dates without entering the '19' part of the date year.
It
also enters the / 's for me. However, it does not allow me to enter single
digit months, which in this case is the 2 zeroes after the first "/" .
I've
tried it with just one zero, but that still does not work.

What's up with that!??