JMB

Default cell comparison

check excel's help for VLOOKUP function:

If your table is named "vacation" and the years of service for a particular
employee is in cell D1, the formula would look like:

=VLOOKUP(D1,vacation,2,TRUE)

"Elaine" wrote:

I am trying to set up a formula in which I have a chart of number 1 - 15 to
equal the number of years service with a company. Beside it is the number of
vaction days for each of those years. Example 1 year-15 days 2 years- 16
days etc.

I have a spread sheet that includes names and years of service based on hire
date. I want to have excel look at the list and from the list find the
number of years and place the number of days in the column beside the number
of years of service in the spread sheet. I think It will work, but I do not
know what formulas to use and cannot understand enough of the directions
listed