washdcjohn

Default Return unique fields only - but not a filter?

restated with more clarification;

How do I referrence source data on another worksheet where the data is
defined in a named range?

"Domenic" wrote:

Assuming that A2:A10 contains your data...

B2:

=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A10<"")/COUNTIF(A2:A10,A2:A10&""))

C2, copied down:

=IF(ROWS($C$1:C1)<=$B$2,INDEX(A2:$A$10,MATCH(0,COU NTIF($C$1:C1,A2:$A$10),
0)),"")

....confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER, not just ENTER.

Hope this helps!

In article . com,
"Matt" wrote:

I think my issue is best displayed with an example:

Here's my rows of data:

Column A
Bob
Dave
Dave
Eric
Simon
Simon
Simon
Simon
Tom
etc....

Obviously there's other columns of data associated with each person.

Is there a formula that can return the following:
Bob
Dave
Eric
Simon
Tom
etc...

i.e. only the unique fields from the array?

I want to return the unique fields on a different sheet and then use
sumif on them to get the required results. I can't realy use
filters/advanced filters etc as I want the user to only have to paste
in his appropriate data and then move to the other sheet and see his
results.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Matt