jahoobob

Default How can I keep my cell borders permanent?

Select all the cells that you want to move up. Cut. Move to the cell
with the check that has been cashed and paste.
An alternative, if you are deleteing the entire row of info is to
delete the row by selecting the row and using Edit, Delete. All the
rows move up.
karstens Wrote:
How do you keep the cell borders from changing when you move an item
from one cell to another? I use excel to reconcile our company's many
bank accounts. The columns are set up to hold the outstanding checks.
As some of those checks are cashed, and I clear the contents, it
leaves
gaps. I move data up to fill in the gaps, but then I lose all the
borders and need to fix them. Is there a way I can just pick up and
move data from one cell to another without doing the copy and paste
special function?
Thanks for any help.

--
karstens