hc

Default sum function not summing???

Red, try clicking on cell F20, press F2, backspace once, and hit enter.

"RedHeadedMenace" wrote in
message ...
(x-posted to all applicable groups)
Excel 03
OK, I'm trying to sum numbers a column. This is exact representation,

cells
F19 to F22:

$11,087
$3,400
$2,400
$1,211

I sum into F23 and get the result of only F19 *$11,087.* F23 cell formula
shows as
=SUM(F19:F22)

This is a sheet I downloaded. I added a row (F21) to insert the $2400.
When first sum action didn't work, I thought maybe it was based on cell
format, so I reformatted to label them currency (this shows in cell
properties), so it's not an issue of cell format standardization.

Also, I copied the numbers from F column to a new one and pasted as

*Special
-- values only* and STILL get only the result of the top #, $11,087.

WTF??? and What can I do????