Domenic

Default Multiple vlookup arguments

Assumptions:

A1:A10 contains the ID

B1:B10 contains the Depth

C1:C10 contains the Result

Formula:

=INDEX($C$1:$C$10,MATCH(1,($A$1:$A$10=E1)*($B$1:$B $10=F1),0))

....where E1 contains the ID of interest, and F1 contains the Depth of
interest. The formula needs to be confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER,
not just ENTER.

Hope this helps!

In article ,
ichall wrote:

Does anyone know the solution to the following problem?

I have data with three columns. The first column is a spatial ID
column, the second a depth column. For any given ID there are multiple
depth values (i.e. there are repeating ID's for a number of different
depth values). The third column is a results column.

I then want to compare a given ID and depth to the 3 columns and return
the result.

I want to creat a formula that compares both my ID to the ID column and
my depth to the depth column to get the correct result. I've tried
different vlookup, and, if, and array combinations to no avail.

anyone?

Thanks

Ian