Adam

Default Formuls updating

That did the trick. Thanks a million!!

-Adam

"bj" wrote:

try
=indirect("'[WorkbookName.xls]WorksheetName'!$B$5")

"Adam" wrote:

Hey there,

I have worksheet (Worksheet 1) that I am pulling in data from specific cells
in another workbook worksheet (Worksheet 2). I want my formula to pull data
from the exact same cell no matter what changes in the workbook (Worksheet 2)
I am pulling from. For example I want to populate worksheet 1 cell A2 with
the data from worksheet 2 Cell A2. When I add a line above A2 in Worksheet 2
the formula in Worksheet 1 updates with A3. I don't want Worksheet 1 to
change the cell it's pulling from when I make changes to Worksheet 2.

Is there a way to do that? Here is the formula I am using.

='[WorkbookName.xls]WorksheetName'!$B$5

I've also tried

='[WorkbookName.xls]WorksheetName'!$B5

All change to B6 when I add a row above B5 in worksheet 2.

Thanks in advance.

-Adam