karstens

Default How can I keep my cell borders permanent?

How do you keep the cell borders from changing when you move an item
from one cell to another? I use excel to reconcile our company's many
bank accounts. The columns are set up to hold the outstanding checks.
As some of those checks are cashed, and I clear the contents, it leaves
gaps. I move data up to fill in the gaps, but then I lose all the
borders and need to fix them. Is there a way I can just pick up and
move data from one cell to another without doing the copy and paste
special function?
Thanks for any help.

--
karstens