Dave Peterson

Default can I add and subtract time values?

Just subtract the two cells.

Be aware that if the result is negative and you have
tools|options|calculation tab|1904 date system unchecked, then you'll see:
######.

If you check this option, then you'll be able to see negative times--but this
can be a problem.

If you have dates in that file, they'll have changed by 4 years and one day.
And copying dates between different files (with that option different in both)
is a problem, too.

Ben wrote:

Hello!

Thanks again everyone for all of the help.
I am essentially trying to make a timesheet. Is it possible to add or
subtract time values?
For example, if I have a starting and ending time entered, is it possible to
calculate the time between?

Thank you.

Ben

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

Ben,

You subject line was truncated, which is a reminder of why you
should always ask your question in the body of the message, not
the subject.

You can enter the current date in a cell with =TODAY().
You can enter the current date and time in a cell with =NOW()

Both of these formulas will update everytime the worksheet is
calculated.

If you want to insert a static date, on that will not change,
press
CTRL+<semi-colon
Use CTRL+SHIFT+<colon for the time.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Ben" wrote in message
Hello everyone and thanks again to the kind people who, for
some reason, take
the time to help me through this website.
As indicated in my subject line, it seems to me that there
should be an easy
way to do this.
Thank you-
Ben