Ron de Bruin

Hi ExcelMonkey

Look on this two sites
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"ExcelMonkey" wrote in message ...

I am building a colour key for a a model to note which cells have bee
imputted by which people. As a result I want to set up say 6 colours
in a legend and then run a macro to count the existence of each colour
in the model. A coutif based on colour if you will.

Is there an information function in Excel which will return the colour
format of a cell. For example:

Info(A1) = 2 [2 meaning a particular colour format which is evident in
cell A1]

Or should I just go the VBA route with a custom function since I will
be building a routine to count the colours anyway?

Thanks.

--
ExcelMonkey
ExcelMonkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=5221