Jezebel

Default Automatic shading of cells based on dates???

Not enough information to give a specific answer, but in general,
conditional formatting will do what you want.

"Pedros" wrote in
message ...

Hi All,

What I am requesting help on is a little tricky to explain but I will
do the best I can and hopefully someone can answer the query:

I work in a field where I am required to monitor the timeliness of
construction projects. I am trying to set up a spreadsheet that has
Projects listed downwards in column A with a series of dates in the
following columns, including start and end dates. At the end of the
columns including the descriptions and dates I want a coloured
representation of when these construction projects will occur.

So in Row 1 I have:
Work Description, Start Date, End Date, Jul, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov,
Dec.......... ect.

I want the cells which represent months to be shaded according to the
start and end dates of each project and I want the shading to change as
the dates do.

Is this possible, does it make sense?

--
Pedros