Rehanna

Default Formula help

Hi Biff,
This yeided an answer but i removed the minuses from the same data and ran
[=median(A1:A5)] to check it and they weren't the same. Could you break the
formula down for me so that I understand what every function does?
Cheers
Rehanna

"Biff" wrote:

Hi!

Try this:

=MEDIAN(INDEX(ABS(A1:A5),,1))

Biff

"Rehanna" wrote in message
I have a spread sheet set up so that some values are negative (this is so
that they are included in "n", but not included in certain formulas) and i
am
trying to workout a formula that would calculate the median as if the
values
were positive. As it is a median value, it would not be appropriate to
just
times that answer by -1, and as the -ve values are not in a certain order,
can't use this method [ =MEDIAN(U12*-1,U13*-1,U14*-1 etc....]
Spreadsheet example:
1.2
1.9
-1.2
0.5
-1.9
I am not sure if this is even possible, but any help/suggestions would be
appreciated
Cheers
Rehanna