Ron Rosenfeld

Default Time Calc - 24hrs vs 0hrs

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 13:36:05 -0500, Ltat42a
wrote:

Got a question... I'm using this formula to calculate time (overtime)

=(D4-B4+(D4<B4))*24

B4 is my starting time, D4 is my ending time. For the most part, this
works pretty
good unless I work a full 24hr shift. If my shift starts at 07:00, ends
24hrs later at 07:00, this formula gives me a value of 0. How can I make
this show 24hrs?

I'm using a form in excel, there's no room to format the cell using
date & time,
(there's another cell that lists the date) it needs to read the time
only. Once these forms are filled out, they are printed and submitted
with our time sheets.

Any suggestions???

JF

If you are working a full 24 hour shift, Excel will need to know the date
starting and ending.

If you did not have that information, how would Excel know, for example, that
if you started at 7 AM and stopped at 8 AM whether you had worked one hour or
25 hours?

Where Excel will get the date information from, if you are not entering it into
the same cell, may depend on the layout of your worksheet.

--ron