Alan

Default Extract Unique entries in a column

To extract unique entries, Advanced Filter will do that, see Debra
Dalgleish's site for step by step advice,
http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html
How many times an entry is entered I would think you will have to do
manually with a COUNTIF function,
Regards,
Alan.

"Jeff" wrote in message
is there a function that would look at a range of cells and extract the
unique entries in the range and diplay them in a new "array" or column.

I would like to look at a column several hundered rows long and determine
what was entered in the column and how many times it was entered.

I know I could review the data and set up a column with the data I saw and
do a countif but I am looking for something a little cleaner that isn't
dependent on me to see every entry.

Thanks

Jeff
--