Domenic

Default Extract Unique entries in a column

One option would be to use a PivotTable. Another option would be to use
the Advanced Filter to create a unique list (select 'Unique records
only') and then use COUNTIF. Another option still would be to use a
formula to create your unique list and then use COUNTIF.

For a formula solution, assuming that A2:A10 contains your data, try the
following...

B1: leave empty

B2, copied down:

=IF(OR(COUNTIF($B$1:B1,A2:$A$10)=0),INDEX(A2:$A$10 ,MATCH(0,COUNTIF($B$1:B
1,A2:$A$10),0)),"")

....confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER, not just ENTER.

Hope this helps!

In article ,
"Jeff" wrote:

is there a function that would look at a range of cells and extract the
unique entries in the range and diplay them in a new "array" or column.

I would like to look at a column several hundered rows long and determine
what was entered in the column and how many times it was entered.

I know I could review the data and set up a column with the data I saw and
do a countif but I am looking for something a little cleaner that isn't
dependent on me to see every entry.

Thanks

Jeff