Dave Peterson

Default VLOOKUP is very limited

If you're using =vlookup() and trying to match on the last name, then my bet is
the first match for that last name is missing the first name.

If you put this in B1
=A1
and leave A1 empty, you'll see 0.
Same with excel.

You may want to post the formula you're using and what you're trying to do.

Something like:
=vlookup(a1,sheet2!a:b,2,false)
may help though.

Bobby wrote:

The Data is a bunch of Last Names in one Column and First names in the next
and I've sorted the data properly. The Range also includes the entire table
to include a bunch of empty rows towards the end. Do you think that this may
be the problem? Thanks for the response.
YoYo

"Jezebel" wrote:

Check that your data is properly sorted, and your range correctly defined.
There isn't an inherent limit: the function works as expected on correct
data, to the full limit of the spreadsheet.

"Bobby" wrote in message
Has anyone else had problems with VLOOKUP if there are more than 250 rows
the
VLOOKUP value defaults to 00000 instead of returning a value from the
column
in which it is supposed to extract from.

--

Dave Peterson