Dave Peterson

Default Is there a way to compare 2 spreadsheets with Excel?

Along the same lines as Jay's suggestion...

Myrna Larson and Bill Manville have developed a compare that's very nice.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/whatsnew.htm
look for compare.xla

But the bad news is that this does a cell-by-cell comparison. A1 compares to
A1, x99 to x99, etc.

If you insert/delete a row or column, then this won't work very well.

=======
Other alternatives that may work depending on what kind of differences you're
looking for:

Save each worksheet as a .csv file and use any comparison program you want to
compare two text files.

MSWord can compare two documents (or plain old text files), too.

Tavish Muldoon wrote:

Is there a way to compare 2 spreadsheets?

Almost like a Unix 'diff' command.

I have several variants of certain large spreadsheets with only minor
differences - and I want to review them. Find the differences and reconcile them.

Any suggestions?

Thx.

Tmuld.

--