Biff

Default Sumif based on column A and title of another column

I don't see how that can work, what is =<2K3 TermServ* ?

I had the same reaction but the OP says: This works if ...........

Biff

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote in message
I don't see how that can work, what is =<2K3 TermServ* ?

less than and equal to is written <= in Excel

You can't name a cell with an asterisk so it would mean text
so greater than should be there, now if you want to check for
something that starts with 2K3 TermServ where the asterisk is a wildcard
why the <?

Assume you want to sum you need to use the same size in SUMIF so you can
never use
A2:C300, sumif will only find the conditions in A2:A300, so assume you
want to look for
"2K3 TermServ*" in A2:A300 and sum values in the column that has a header
in row i named "Total"

=SUMIF('Test Cases'!$A$2:$A$300,"2K3 TermServ*",INDEX('Test
Cases'!$C$2:$Z$300,0,MATCH("Total",'Test Cases'!$C$1:$Z$1,0)))

I used up to column Z

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"Rusty" wrote in message
I am trying to create a formula to calculate the total amount of tests
cases.
The formula I have created so far is this
=SUMIF('Test Cases'!A2:C300,"=<2K3 TermServ*",'Test Cases'!C2:C300)
This works if the column I am referencing my data from is Column C
(Sum_Range). Unfortunately this data will not always remain in column C
so I
want to add a criteria that says the Sum_Range will be the column where
the
word <total is in the top row (Row 1)
Note: This autosum is completed on a seperate tab, hence the 'Test
Cases'
in the SUMIF statement.
Excel 2003 SP2