Jerry W. Lewis

Default Interrupt find and replace

AFAIK your only other option is to kill the Excel session (assuming that
you have saved recently enough for this to be a time savings). This
extremely unfriendly aspect of the interface has been pointed out to the
design team by more than one MVP. Perhaps a future version will handle
the situation more gracefully.

Jerry

Richard wrote:

When using the find and replace feature for an entire sheet, does anyone know
if there is a way to interrupt the process? I made a mistake in the replace
value and now I have to either crash my excel or hit the "ESC" key after
Excel attempts to replace each entry.