pdberger

Default Simplify my life with if...

Rosie --
You can simplify your life with an 'if' statement, but it will be
complicated (good practice, though). You'll need to create an equation that
is a succession of "nested" if statements, with a new 'if' segment in the
false part of the previous one. Here's an example. Let's say that A2 is the
cell shoing how well the rep did, and A3 shows his annual bonus:

=if(A2<1,A3,=if(A2<1.05,a3*1.1,a3*1.25))

This statement says, "If A2 < 100%, return back A3. If it's less than 105%
(and we already know it's greater than 100%), then return back 110% of a3.
If not, then it must be greater than 105% and return back 125% of A3." You
can see why it's called a 'nested' set of 'if' statements, and you can make
it as complex as you want. You just have to go in a single direction --
lower to higher (or higher to lower) percentage of target.

I hope I didn't completely confuse the issue.

"Rosie" wrote:

I have to pay at the end of this year the bonus to my external reps. Their
bonuses are paid on a range of values and I need to adjust the % that they
will be paid at the end of the year in accordance to this range. How can I
do this without actually going one by one and modifying the amount?

ex: if rep has 100% of budgeted sales: he gets 100% of his yearly bonus, if
rep has 100,1%,-104.9%: prorata of bonus, 105%-109,9%=125% of bonus....the
maximum is +130%: 200% of bonus.

Is it possible to this? I succeed partially with =if....
--
Thanks!
Rosie