Conrad Carlberg

Default Array

Hi Harlan,

I still don't have a "crisp" definition (g), although I haven't before seen
a listing such as you provide. I doubt that a crisp definition exists.

I would quibble with

LINEST, LOGEST and FREQUENCY, don't require array entry per se.

Formally and syntactically, that's true, but as a practical matter array
entry is required -- how many times have we seen users in the ngs frustrated
because they couldn't seem to get the full results promised by the
documentation? As you subsequently point out,

However, you'll only get the top-left
entry from the array results returned by these functions unless they're
entered as multiple cell array formulas.

--
C^2
Conrad Carlberg

Excel Sales Forecasting for Dummies, Wiley, 2005