Kay

Tks Ken for the 2 responces ... but I have col A entries of Jan, Feb,
Mar etc entered as straight text rather than dates.

Users will be filtering on that column only also. This data is
imported as text unfortunately.

So, any ideas on how the filtered month can displayed in a cell
returned if it is entered as text in col A?

Regards, Kay

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 11:45:38 -0000, "Ken Wright"
wrote:

The other option is to use Data / Filter / Advanced Filter and actually use the
cell you want to create as the Filter criteria.

Hi,

I have a database list that I apply the AutoFilter to, eg "Dec" to
displat December's data.

Even though it's obvious what month is displayed, is there any way to
have a cell display the value of the filter, in this case "Dec"
displayed in a cell?

Regards,
Kay S