ramana

Default Solver help-advertising problem

Hi,

Your problem seems to be related to "operations Research". You can
try this in any other group which deals with Operations Research.

Rgds

Ramana

unique wrote:
Hello, I need some help using solver and optimizing a problem.

I have a advertising problem.

I have £500,000 and I need to use a minimum of 3 advertising mediums to
reach one million people as audience for each medium. The mediums are,

radio which costs £5000 per ad and estimated audience of 50000 per ad
newspaper costs £250 per ad and estimated audience of 10000 per ad
broadsheet newspaper £7000 per add and estimated audience of 50000 per ad
Tv add £15000 per ad and estiamted audience of 20000 per ad.
letterboxdrop £900 per ad estiamted 5000 audience per ad
billboard £5300 per ad, estaimated audience 20000 per ad
sponsership £8000 per ad, estimated audience 15000 per ad.

I can use maximum amount of £500000 for all three mediums.

I can optimize for one medium to reach a million people. But I tried doing
multiple mediums and it did not work. Any suggestions as to how I can go
about doing this.

regards