Roger Govier

Default find nth position of a string

Hi

Try
=FIND("^",SUBSTITUTE(A1,"/","^",4))
to find the position of the 4th occurrence of "/" in A1. Change 4 to 5 to
find the 5th etc.

To find the same thing starting from the right, you need to know how many
"/" there are, take 4 or 5 away, and find that occurrence from the left as
above.
To find the number of "/" in the cell use
=LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"/",""))

Regards

Roger Govier

TUNGANA KURMA RAJU wrote:
Thanks in advance if you can plese give me a function to find
2/g/25/21/k/2/5
22/h/25/21/l/3/5
1. 4 th or 5th position string"/" in the above text strings.
2. After nth position what text is there?
3.4 th or 5th position of string"/" from right side ?
I have tried with right,left mid functions but didn't get correctt result