Mangesh Yadav

Default find nth position of a string

considering that you have the above in A1 and A2, then use:

1.
=MID(A1,4,1)
=MID(A2,5,1)

2. After nth position, (excluding position n)
=MID(A1,n+1,255)
(replace n with whatever number
If you want to include nth charater as well
=MID(A1,n,255)

3.
=MID(A1,LEN(A1)-(n-1),1)
replace n to 4 or 5
=MID(A1,LEN(A1)-(4-1),1) for the first one
=MID(A1,LEN(A2)-(5-1),1) for the second one

Mangesh

"TUNGANA KURMA RAJU" wrote in
message ...
Thanks in advance if you can plese give me a function to find
2/g/25/21/k/2/5
22/h/25/21/l/3/5
1. 4 th or 5th position string"/" in the above text strings.
2. After nth position what text is there?
3.4 th or 5th position of string"/" from right side ?
I have tried with right,left mid functions but didn't get correctt result