JulieD

Hi Chris

you can use the VLOOKUP function for this, in cell B1 of Sheet 2 type
=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!$A$1:$C$100,2,0)
which says, lookup the value in A1, in the range A1:A100 on sheet 1 and
return the associated value from the column adjacent to it where there is an
exact match.
for C1 of sheet 2 the formula will be
=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!$A$1:$C$100,3,0)

Regards
JulieD

"Chris" wrote in message
I have a reference number on one worksheet. I then want to search another
worksheet (Shet1) in the ssme workbook for that reference number. When
found
I want to copy all the info from the other columns (B, C) into similar
columns on the new work sheet (Sheet2)
Eg
sheet 1 has the data and ColA is the ref number
ColA ColB ColC
123 date amount
Sheet2. I enter ColA data and want to then get data from Sheet1, Cols B C
ColA
123

regards Chris