Anne Troy

LOL. NOW look who's putting the wrong link. :)
I'll change my article to link to McG's site; I assume he won't mind. I'll
also add another method for those that can't be bothered with delving into
macros in 2000. Thanks, Dave. :)
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"David McRitchie" wrote in message
but on the newer link to delete hyperlinks why would you hard code
the range instead of using a selection.

Back to the original question, there is no way to prevent hyperlinks
from being created. It is a matter of when you want (or how fast)
you can remove them. My suggestion is to just let them be created
and then remove the ones you don't want all at once. Microsoft
has a MS KB article that purports to tell you how to not create them
in Excel 2000 -- it actually lets them be created and removes them
with macros and includes an addition to auto_open (or equivalent).
You can see that reference on my page -- I don't think it is worth
the trouble and there are times that I want a link. Since it was
specifically asked for here is the article:

and it looks to be like it got gutted it used to be KB 233073-- there is
no content for the macros.

You will find something similar here, and I think it is more
straightforward
the MS article was anyway.
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/e...perlinks2.html

---
HTH,

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
Thanks, Dave. Pointed to the wrong kb. I meant this one:
http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=73
LOL!!