Anne Troy

Because about 50% of the time when I suggest a macro, people say they're not
allowed to use them or don't want others to have to enable macros or are
just plain afraid of them. I'm sure you've experienced this too? :)
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"JE McGimpsey" wrote in message
Not sure why requiring a macro would necessarily be a disadvantage.

In many commercial XL applications, the tab itself isn't necessarily
accessible to the user.

If Workbook protection is employed, the tab can't be changed (but a vba
routine can momentarily unprotect the workbook to effect the change).

Both techniques have their uses.

In article ,
"Anne Troy" wrote:

You are better off doing it the other way around, which won't require a
macro. Is that possible?
See:
http://www.officearticles.com/excel/..._a_cell_in_mic
rosoft_excel.htm