TECHNOID

Thank you "Aladin Akyurek," your formula seems to work! Regards, TECHNOID

"Aladin Akyurek" wrote:

=INDEX(A2:A100,MATCH(MAX(B2:B100),B2:B100,0))

TECHNOID wrote:
Suppose I have two columns of data. Column A is the independent variable,
say TIME. Column B is the dependent variable, say SPEED. The data are
collected on a car that starts from rest, accelerates, decellerates, then
stops. Clearly, the car attained some maximum speed during the test. I can
find the value of the maximum speed by using the worksheet function =MAX(B),
but I want to know at what time (column A) the maximum occurred. Of course I
can do a manual (visual) search, but this is laborious and eye-straining for
reams of data. What single worksheet function (or more likely, nested
functions) can I use to return the time value?