C Glenn

This is amazing! It works on ticks but not fleas!?!?

Hey, thanks. This is great. Really bizarre though --
r.Value = r.Value removes the leading apostrophe. Also, I don't get
that we would need to Dim r as Range. Seems like we should Dim c as
Cell. Isn't Cell a valid concept in this context? I'm still a little
new to Excel macros.

Gary''s Student wrote:
You have found a very pesky fact. Apostrophes in the middle of text are easy
to remove, but leading apostrophes are more difficult.

Enter this tiny macro:

Sub tickout()
Dim r As Range
For Each r In Selection
r.Value = r.Value
Next
End Sub

Select the cells you want leading ticks (apostrophes) removed and call the
macro.
It will remove ticks but is not effective against fleas