Louise

I tried Roger's earlier suggestion of this and it worked fine, however, is
there any way I can get the number to display the zeros in the actual formula
bar too? It stil displays 94 instead of 00094 there.

Thanks.

Louise

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Try
Format Cells Custom and then enter "00"General
This will always include two leading zeros

Format Cells Custom and then enter 00000
This will always display 5 digits, supplying as many leading zeros as
necessary
--
Gary's Student

"Louise" wrote:

Hi all

I have a large worksheet with lots of numbers on it beginning with 00,
however, whenever I enter a number, Excel automatically removes the zeros.

I have tried formatting the cells as General, Numbers but it still removes
the zeros. What can I do to get around this?? I realise I can put ' before
the numbers but I need them to be recognised as numbers, not text.

Thank you.

Louise