Roger Govier

Hi
If the user choose to highlight row 15, then the formula will not adjust.

should have read
If the user chose to highlight row 15, and inserted at this point, then
the formula will not adjust.

Regards

Roger Govier

Roger Govier wrote:

Hi Cris

Providing the insertion is made between rows 1 and 14, the formula
will expand automatically to include the widened range.
If the user choose to highlight row 15, then the formula will not adjust.
There are numerous ways of overcoming this.
You could put your formula on row 16 and make it =SUM(A1:A15) and in
row 15 FormatCellsAlignmentHorizontalFill.
Typing an = sign in the cell will fill it with ======== to indicate
that this is the row being totaled to.

Regards

Roger Govier

Cris B. wrote:

I have numerical data in column A rows 1:14.
I'm adding it up in row 15. Sum=(A1:A14)

Now I've been asked to insert more rows with data above row A14.

What can I put in my Sum formula in place of A14 so when I insert
a new row, any numerical data above it in column A automatically adds
up? Sum=(A1:????)
I don't want to have to go and change it to sum=(A1:A17) if I
insert 3 rows.... I have a huge file to create with sections like
this. User
may have to insert new rows. They need to all add up.