Gord Dibben

For the importing of addresses from Excel to Outlook.....

This is how I do it.

The basics........Your layout may differ. Instructions here are for Name and
Email address only, but adjust to suit for more columns.

First have the names and email addresses(or in your case fax number)in Excel
in two columns.

I set up also a third column with the names duplicated so when you Import to
Outlook you have a name for the Contact and a Display Name instead of the
email address in the To: box.

FileSave AsFile Type CSV(comma delimited)(*.csv)

Click "Yes" when you get the messages about losing formats and "are you sure"?

Close the file.

Now open Outlook and FileImport/ExportImport from another fileComma
Separated Values(Windows)NextFile to Import(you can browse to your saved
*.csv file). Next you will be asked where to import them to. I bring mine to
"Contacts".

Follow the instructions and you will get a Map. Drag your names and addresses
to the appropriate spots on the Map

1. Name of Contact
2. Email address1
3. Display Name(if you have one by making the duplicate column mentioned
earlier). If not, the email address wil be displayed in the To: box.

Continue with the OK's until Outlook pulls all from the *.csv file(should take
only a few seconds).

Now they are in the Contacts folder, you can group them as you wish.

Making labels from Outlook is something I have never attempted.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 21:11:44 -0700, chvbob
wrote:

I have created a list of customers addresses in excel. I want to bring all
these into outlook for printing labels. I do not know if there is a way to
convert or not.