Gary''s Student

Checkout the SEARCH() function. In VBA it would be InStr()
--
Gary''s Student

"Teresa Robinson" wrote:

Hello again,

I've gotten the formula for finding occurrences of a word in one
column based on whether it's in another column; now what I need is to
find out whether a word in column A (for instance) appears in a string
of text in column B. As in, a SKU in A, and a description in B, with
the descriptions having several SKUs in each one. I need to be able
to delete from a sheet any description that doesn't have the SKUs I'm
looking for, and it would be really nice to color the corresponding
cells the same, but even having the row number in the third row would
be nice.

Say I've got SKUs on widely separated rows, all pointing to one cell
in B, and then in C, the row that has the SKU in A would have the row
number of the cell in B that the string is in. Make sense?

Thanks!
--
Teresa Robinson
Staff Programmer Analyst