Bernie Deitrick

Ralph,

Sorry, I slightly misread your post.

Try something like the macro below, that will create a summary from all the
user-selected files. Change the sheet name and range to suit.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

Sub MakeLinkToMultipleUserSelectedFiles()
Dim filearray As Variant
Dim i As Integer
filearray = Application.GetOpenFilename(MultiSelect:=True)
If IsArray(filearray) Then
For i = LBound(filearray) To UBound(filearray)
Workbooks.Open filearray(i)
ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(1).Range("A65536").End(xlU p)(2).Formula = _
"='[" & ActiveWorkbook.Name & "]" & "Sheet1" & "'!" & "A3"
ActiveWorkbook.Close False
Next i

"Ralph" wrote in message
I want to pull data from about 100 different Excel files. They are located
in
the same folder and drive and the data I want is in consistent cell
locations. I would to find a fast way to reference the files. something
like
S:\Folder\January\CaseNumber1.xls that will allow me to pull-down the
folumula and copy the month and case number from two separate fields on my
spreadsheet. So I would specify the month and case numbers and have them
automatically populate my link formula. Any suggestions???