Bernie Deitrick

Ralph,

You can make your formulas like this (to get the value from cell A3 from the
filename in
A6 and sheet in B6) Make sure A6 includes the path and the .xls, if the
file is closed.

="='[" & A6 & "]" & B6 & "'!" & "A3"

If you've done it properly, the cell contents will look like a valid linking
formula. (A good way to check is to make a valid link formula using an
actual workbook.) Then select all those formulas and run the macro below.

HTH,
Bernie

Sub TransformToTrueFormulas()
Dim myCell As Range
For Each myCell In Selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormulas)
myCell.Formula = myCell.Text
Next myCell
End Sub

"Ralph" wrote in message
I want to pull data from about 100 different Excel files. They are located
in
the same folder and drive and the data I want is in consistent cell
locations. I would to find a fast way to reference the files. something
like
S:\Folder\January\CaseNumber1.xls that will allow me to pull-down the
folumula and copy the month and case number from two separate fields on my
spreadsheet. So I would specify the month and case numbers and have them
automatically populate my link formula. Any suggestions???