Myrna Larson

You can certainly sum the Quantity column to get the net position.

WRT "average price of my net position": I assume this is investment data. What
if the 2nd purchase was at 1.75 rather than 1.50. Did you sell 5 shares from
the 1st purchase or 5 from the 2nd? Do you want the average of 10 shares at
1.50 + 5 at 1.75, or 5 @ 1.50 + 10 @ 1.75? I think you'll need to identify the
shares by lot number and also include a column where you write BUY or SELL. If
you do that, you could set up a pivot table, using the lot numbers and the
transaction type for grouping.

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 12:26:12 -0700, "carl"
wrote:

my table looks like so:

Quantity Price

10 1.50
10 1.50
-5 1.25

Is there a way for me to calculate my net position (+15) and my average
price of my net position.

thank you in advance.